The California Ricelands Waterbird Foundation is now accepting applications for its Fall 2022 Bid4Birds Program. Applications are submitted through the Foundation website and the enrollment window will be open until Wednesday, June 22, 2022.
- Incentive payments for growers to implement shallow flooding for shorebirds
- Payment rates vary and are generated by the grower, based on the costs of providing the habitat.
- Contracts: 3-4 week commitments
- Timeline: July 15 through October 1
- Flooding: maximum of 4″ throughout contract period
- Field preparations required
- Contracts are ranked on timing, habitat quality, and price
If you have any questions about the program or would like to learn more, please visit the Bid4Birds webpage or contact Julia Barfield from The Nature Conservancy at (916) 449-2852 or firstname.lastname@example.org.