The California Ricelands Waterbird Foundation is currently soliciting applications for its Spring 2023 Bid4Birds Habitat Program. Applications are submitted through the Foundation website and the enrollment window is open until Monday, January 30, 2023.
- Incentive payments for growers to implement shallow flooding for shorebirds
- Payment rates vary and are generated by the grower, based on the costs of providing the habitat.
- Contracts: Minimum 4 week commitments
- Timeline: February 18 through April 15
- Flooding: maximum of 4″ throughout contract period
- Post-harvest straw management required
- Contracts are ranked on timing, habitat quality, and price
If you have any questions about the program or would just like to learn more, please visit the Bid4Birds webpage (Calricewaterbirds.org) or contact Luke Matthews directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or (916) 607-8988.