The California Ricelands Waterbird Foundation is now accepting applications for its Fall 2023 Bid4Birds Program. Applications are submitted through the Foundation website and the enrollment window will be open until Wednesday, June 28, 2023.
- Incentive payments for growers to implement shallow flooding for shorebirds
- Payment rates vary and are generated by the grower, based on the costs of providing the habitat.
- Contracts: 3-4 week commitments
- Timeline: July 15 through September 30
- Flooding: maximum of 4 inches throughout contract period
- Field preparations required
- Contracts are ranked on timing, habitat quality, and price
If you have any questions about the program or would just like to learn more, please visit the Bid4Birds webpage or contact Kristin Sesser, Wildlife Programs Manager with the California Rice Commission at (916) 607-8988 or firstname.lastname@example.org.