The California Ricelands Waterbird Foundation is now accepting applications for two winter flooding programs: California Winter Rice Habitat Incentive Program (CWRHIP) and Fish Food. Applications are submitted through the Foundation website and will be accepted through Sunday, September 10, 2023.
Key Details for CWRHIP:
- Payment rates are variable based on location: $20/acre on East side of Valley and $40/acre on West side of the Valley
- Fields must have been planted to rice in 2023
- Commitments: Flood and Maintenance for 70 continuous days, sometime between October and March
- Flooding Depth: 1-12 inches throughout contract period
Key Details for Fish Food Program:
- Payment rates are based on the bids received and selected
- Minimum flood duration: 3 weeks
- Target water depth: 10 inches
- Multiple flood and drain cycles possible
- Concurrent enrollment with CWRHIP or EQIP/RCPP is allowed
If you have any questions about the program or would just like to learn more, please visit the Foundation website or contact Kristin Sesser, Wildlife Programs Manager with the California Rice Commission at (916) 607-8988 or email@example.com.